Safe School Program
The Crime Stoppers Safe School Program has successfully educated students in middle and high schools throughout Houston since 1997. More than one million students have been trained on issues concerning public safety and the security of their campuses. Thousands of school cases have been solved, and hundreds of weapons have been removed from campuses throughout the greater Houston area.
For the first time, Crime Stoppers is bringing its message to elementary students. The new addition to the Safe School Program will educate students in PreK-5 environments on citizenship, respect and above all else safety.
Crime Stoppers recognizes the importance of keeping children safe at school while educating them on the importance of feeling invested in their communities. Our latest partner, the University of Houston College of Education, is supplying student teachers who will work with Crime Stoppers’ Safe School Program staff to introduce our new curriculum in fourteen pilot campuses in Houston ISD, Galena Park ISD and Spring ISD.
CRIME STOPPERS SAFE SCHOOL PROGRAM (EST 1997)
- 1,822 campus crimes have been solved since 1997.
- 272 weapons have been removed from school campuses since the program’s inception.
- Of the 272 weapons removed, 769 guns were confiscated by police.
- 1,280 drug crimes have been solved in the safe school program.
- 16 arsons at schools have been solved by student tips.
- 8 terroristic threat offenders have been identified and arrested by the Safe School tips.
- Over 1,000,000 students have been trained by Crime Stoppers.
Crime Stoppers' 'Safe Schools' members receive a sign designating their membership; prior to hanging your sign, please check with your local municipality for sign-hanging ordinances.